Recent Cases and Developments
Reforms to the Law
- Changes to definition of abuse.
- Definition of family violence "Best interests"
- Greater weight to consideration of needing to protect child than the benefit to the child of having a relationship with both parents
- New consideration for "best interests"
- Extent to which each parent has fulfilled or failed to fulfil obligation to maintain child
- Amendment to consideration of any family order that exists
- Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2011 (QLD)